welcome to needham - storey - wampner funeral service
Advance Planning Options
Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of advance planning your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Advance planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can coordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Advance Planning
- You spare surviving family members from financial burdens and additional stress at the time of death.
- You eliminate EMOTIONAL OVERSPENDING.
- You eliminate family disagreements over selections and procedures.
- You make certain that funds are available at the time of death to pay your funeral expenses.
- Your funeral costs are secured at today’s prices, PROTECTING FUTURE COSTS AGAINST INFLATION.
- Your funds may be protected if a Medicaid spend-down becomes necessary.
- You can organize your personal records and take care of all the details in advance.
- You can setup your funeral plan to fit your budget.
- Your arrangements can be transferred out of state.
- You save life insurance for your family to handle unexpected expenses and events, as well as preserving their current lifestyle.
- You have PEACE OF MIND, knowing everything is done!
How A Guaranteed Funeral Preplan Works
Funeral Price Today Same Funeral in 10 Years Same Funeral in 20 Years
$10,000 (example) $16,289 $26,533
(An average inflation rate of 5% was used in the example)
WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
You pay today’s price for your funeral (either as a single payment or in multiple payments over several years.) A contract is made with our funeral home that guarantees the funeral in the future. The money is held until your death in a state regulated insurance trust account. It is not accessible by us until after your death.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE?
When the services are provided by us, we will submit the funeral bill to your trust for payment. Your family is relieved from the emotional and the financial burden of making funeral arrangements at a time of family crisis.
Other Benefits of a Preplanned Funeral Trust
Your funeral is guaranteed by us. It will be provided exactly as you selected, regardless of future price increases.
Our funeral trust is tax exempt. If you are saving for your funeral in a savings or other investment account, you will pay taxes on the interest. Our funeral trust saves you from this.
Our funeral trust is portable. If you move in the future, your preplanned funeral can move with you. It can be paid to any funeral home the United States that your family chooses.
Our funeral trust is exempt from nursing home and Medicaid. Your savings account, retirement accounts, and life insurance policies will count against you as assets when qualifying for Medicaid assistance. A prepaid funeral trust will not count as an asset to you which allows you to keep more of your money for you and your family.
Our funeral plan will make a time of family crisis much less stressful for your loved ones.
NEEDHAM - STOREY - WAMPNER FUNERAL SERVICE